The Story of an Old Order Mennonite Girl



Circle Letters: The Story of an Old Order Mennonite Girl - A Memoir by Aleta M. Schrock



Monday, January 23, 2012

1000 Gifts: My Lists # 57-81


57. A cup of hot licorice tea.
58. Black bean soup with raw onion and cilantro.
59. Phone hugs when my husband is out of town.
60. A clean sink when I get up in the morning.
61. Observing a mother and six/seven year old daughter converse meaningfully while waiting at the Toyota service department.
62. Fluffy lake-effect snowflakes.
63. Driving along a wooded road and feeling captivated by the bare trees showcasing their snow laden boughs.
64. Feeling the steadiness of excellent tire tread as my hands grip the steering wheel while driving through a snowstorm.
65. Feeling the Spirit of God in a corporate way as we walk into church.
66. Finding pictures in the plaster designs on the ceiling.
67. Remembering when I used to find pictures in the designs of the white and gold swirled paneling in my childhood home.
68. Three pink roses in three white vases (left over from a colorful rose bouquet given by my husband).



69. Feeling the steady thump-thump of my husband’s heart as my head rests against his chest.
70. Sipping decadent hot chocolate made with a Godiva milk chocolate bar, cinnamon sticks, peppercorns and topped with whipped cream.
71.  Hearing my husband repeat, “Mmmm, this is the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had.” as he takes slow sips of both whip cream and hot chocolate.
72. The ability to write.
73. Browsing in a bookstore.
74. During my walk times: Praying and praising God while encircling the spot in the park where our wedding vows were said over ten years ago.


75. Scripting snowy footprints that read: “Jesus, Yes!” at the site of our wedding vows.




76. A flock of geese leaving footprints in the snow.

77. A piece of Godiva milk chocolate bar melting in my mouth.
78. Browsing in the public library.
79. Finding the perfect book to read.
80. One more box of snow blower replacement pins left at the store.
81.  My husband ensuring that the snow blower works before he leaves for the week.
82.  . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment