The Story of an Old Order Mennonite Girl



Circle Letters: The Story of an Old Order Mennonite Girl - A Memoir by Aleta M. Schrock



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1000 Gifts: My List #82-103


82. I am a woman blessed of God.
83. The lime-green-fade-into-white wide striped curtains hanging in my dining and living room.
84. Lebanon Bologna.
85. Sipping hot licorice tea.
86. Rest at the end of the day.
87. Deep relaxing breaths.
88. Life.
89. An unknown friend pausing to answer my desperate question posted on the abyss of the internet. Thank you.
90. Feeling my neurons connecting and creating a new pathway when I learn something new.
91. Feeling my spirit connecting with His Spirit when I read a Truth about his word.
92. A good book that helps me become more like Him.
93. Fluffy white-out snow that softens the harsh outlines of the world.
94. Gray snowstorm skies fading into white fluffiness as we drive to Michigan City.


95. A deep peek-a-blue patch of sky between fluffy white billows.
96. Laughter with family and friends.
97. This new camera my husband bought for me.
98. Technology.
99. The old typewriter I pecked away on in college.
100. That Jesus loved stories and told them frequently.
101. Finding an old story written by a student months ago… a student who today has me sighing and praying… and the student’s story ends with the words …and I love Mrs. Ellsworth, too.
102. Expecting a student to test on grade level in Reading and discovering that she has surpassed my expectations.
103. CD’s that allow me to re-listen to inspiring and enlightening messages from church.
104.   . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment