The Story of an Old Order Mennonite Girl



Circle Letters: The Story of an Old Order Mennonite Girl - A Memoir by Aleta M. Schrock



Wednesday, January 11, 2012

1000 Gifts: My List #1-38



1.     The book 1000 Gifts.
2.    The Blog: http://www.aholyexperience.com
3.    A woman willing to risk writing about her hopes and fears.
4.    Living in His Grace.
5.    Being filled with His Spirit.
6.    Being transformed by His Love.
7.    God's peace replacing fear.
8.    Choosing  joy.
9.    Awesome health.
10.  Strong arms that are able to lift.
11.   Strong legs able to walk and run.
12.  Eyes that see beauty.
13.  Listening to my Deutsche Weihnachten CD.
14.  The taste of Diwali made by a student's mother.
15.  A brown tree with a squirrel in its hollow drawn and cut out by a student.
16.  Ezekiel 4:9 English Muffins.
17.  Drinking Ginger Lemon tea while it’s at the perfect degree of hotness.
18.  Phone calls from my husband.
19.  My Inspiron mini computer.
20. The Power that Created the Universe lives within me!
21.  Ten years with Daniel, my husband.
22. Hugs with arms wrapped around tightly.
23. Blue Skies and Sunshine.
24. Tomato soup.
25. Smoked Gouda cheese.
26. Lebanon Bologna.
27. LED light bulbs (low bills even if the lights are left on).
28. Blogging.
29. My homemade just-right-sized fleece blanket.
30. The comforting tick-tock of our Seth Thomas wall clock.
31.  Memories.
32. My husband holding a baby at church and leaning over to say, “I want one.”
33. An intense, prolonged embrace from a student who had briefly moved out of state and has just returned to my classroom.
34. Lentil Soup.
35. Peppercorn Medley Grinder.
36. The words: Ich liebe dich! Expressed by my husband.
37. The beautifully groomed sight of our Bouvier des Flandres after the “On the Go Dog Groomers” trailer has just pulled out of the driveway.
38. Getting our Success Magazine package in the mail.
39.  . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment