The Story of an Old Order Mennonite Girl



Circle Letters: The Story of an Old Order Mennonite Girl - A Memoir by Aleta M. Schrock



Monday, January 16, 2012

1000 Gifts: My List #39-56


39. Safe driving on icy roads.
40. Emma’s paintings on my walls.
41.  Willow Tree Happiness statuette: Gazing at the arms outstretched in freedom and joy.
42. Reading books authored, illustrated and published by my students.
43. My husband wanting to buy something because it has a heart on it.
44. Smiling at the wooden heart-shaped light switch cover every time I turn the stairway light on.
45. Reading Emma’s diaries.
46. Hearing the old-timey ring on my cell phone and knowing it’s my mom.
47. Sitting on a stool beside my mom at the Meijers’ photo lab and looking at her most recent artistic nature photos.
48. The daily crunch, crunching of our dog’s teeth against the three foot hide-bone she had been gifted for Christmas.
49. Fresh baked cornbread drizzled with raw honey.
50. Surveying a snow-cleaned driveway after maneuvering the snow blower for two hours.
51.  Gloves that keep me warm in cold, cold weather.
52. A glass of milk fresh from my cousin’s dairy farm.
53. Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
54. Blue skies and sunshine on a twenty degree day.
55. An inspiring message at church.
56. The Word of God coming alive inside of me as I read it.
57.  . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment